Saturday, 27 June 2015

Stirling Hit for Six

Balcatta took apart a rather flat Stirling at Grindleford Park today in a very one sided 6-0 romp over the cross city neighbours. Despite Stirling offering little in resistance and any potency in attack until the last 10 minutes of the game it was a rather hotly contested match with Stirling given 3 red cards to Balcatta's one. Although was hard to see from the strong afternoon sun from the stands and also viewing from one end of the ground the referee seemed to have had moments where the game ran away from him and escalated too quickly. A nightmare for any referee in any match he presides over.

One incident that I have to say is completely and totally unacceptable in any form of sport is the use of insulting comments directed towards another player that are personal and or not socially acceptable in public. A Stirling player went 'tropo' as an illustrious prime minister would say after comments from a Balcatta player from a rather minor altercation from a challenge in Stirling's attacking half.

I am not interested in being reprimanded by Football West about this because the player was clearly in severe distress over the comments made and would not calm himself down and as a result had to be substituted by a very angry Stirling manager. The risk of a fourth red card is something no team wants to experience when you're already 6 goals down.

Despite the poor control of the match from the referee the game didn't have any other major incidents of that nature and the final score was 6 goals to nil in favour of Balcatta. Stirling have hit a terrible patch of form and hopefully the end of the season improves for the Lions.

It was my first time at Grindleford with the new stand completed and I must say she's a beauty. It isn't Wembley or the Maracana however football clubs have to start somewhere and I can see some great potential to this new stand for the future. (I was having a chat about additions, the home improver in me was in full gear that afternoon!) Again I have to clarify to some angry Balcatta supporters the fact I was never against the stand I was just suggesting the protection from the sun may have to be improved as it was very bright!

Food and drink there have improved since I first ventured to Grindleford. Their continental roll was delicious as always; light and fresh bread with a fine selection of cold cuts to keep you going watching the game. These were 7 dollars and are fantastic with a cider at 7 also. Peroni and Crown were also on sale there but due to work commitments post match I had to keep myself down to the one cider. Cool drinks were at 2 dollars and great to see the children there excited about the football and playing side games of their own.

Balcatta have laid the foundations for a great home ground here and it is brilliant to see NPLWAU sides following the criteria set by Football West in order to improve and develop the league to the next level. We want to see the game continue to grow and therefore club home's need to also. Excited to make another visit to Grindleford as always!

















No comments:

Post a Comment