Sunday, 11 January 2026

Sluggish Muangthong Cut Down By Ayutthaya

I was lucky enough to be able to see two Thai First League matches while I was in Bangkok. I do not spend much time in Thailand, let alone to watch two games. I was lucky as the looming Chinese New Year break was fast approaching and meaning that there would be no football for 2 weeks and while I would be on holiday, a shame that I would not be able to watch any matches. Therefore, to have the chance to watch as many as I could in Thailand, I would do my darnedest to do so. With that out of the way I should start talking about the match shall I?

Muangthong United's home ground is not too far from where I was staying in Bangkok and I was going to take the metro and monorail to the stadium. But this would take too long and therefore, I opted to signal for a Bolt to get me to the ground as it would have been quicker and more direct. This was the case and it only took me 30 minutes, rather than one and a half hours to get there. I made it and got lost to finding where the ticket booth was and where to get into the ground. 

 

Once I did make it into the ground it was rather straight forward to finding a seat and making my port of call while I watched the match between one of the bigger teams in the league, and a team I honestly have not heard much about. However, on the table in the Thai First League, the visitors were doing much better than Muangthong. Who were languishing towards the bottom half of the table, which is not a good look for a historically big club and for their supporters.

 

Muangthong simply never were able to find a rhythm and were constantly looking unsettled and just rather disjointed. There were brief glimmers of play for perhaps two or four minutes where they looked to finally find their groove and settle in the patterns and formations that they were looking for. However, Ayutthaya simply were moving the ball around too fast, with their formations being tight and able to switch around the park to counter any push that Muangthong tried to conjure up to throw at the visitors.

 

The score at halftime was nil-all and while that showed the home side showing some form of grit and determination, the scoreline was highly flattering and did not show how attacking Ayutthaya were and how they missed many opportunities to open the scoring. Though this would change in the 56th minute with Kitsana Kasemkulwirai breaking the deadlock and opening the scoring for the visitors and the match.

 

This would be the only goal for the match as Muangthong simply could not find a breakthrough at Thunderdome Stadium and just looked completely sluggish and out of sorts to try and find that vital equaliser to keep them afloat in the Thai First League. The match finished 1-0 to the visitors and leaving Muangthong reeling with their fourth consecutive home loss. Pushing them closer towards the bottom of the pile and towards relegation. Ayutthaya pushed up to challenge the top half of the table with them now sitting in and around 7th position.

 

So on-wards with the food and drink I guess dear viewers, it was similar to PAT Stadium, but there are some slight differences and of course I will highlight them here in this entry. Once again I had meat on sticks, this time they were pork and beef with some chicken. Some of them had cheese in them and they were rather delicious with a beet while watching the game. The beer was 500mL and 75 baht and the meat on skewers were between 20 and 50 baht and had two cups full. While sadly I only ate one cup full as it was a lot of food and I did get full. A shame but was delicious.

 

The vendors are just outside of the stands and for the Thunderdome Stadium, they are inside the complex compared to PAT stadium where they are outside of the complex. Though all in all it was a great viewing experience and the food was great. I did have a Coke for 50 Baht and was the same volume as the beer which was Leo. Both beverages went down smooth on a warm, balmy evening to watch football. Hopefully I can do this again sometime as Thailand is fun and I should give it more time as I barely have spent any time here when I visit. That should change. Signing off for another adventure. 

ผมโชคดีมากที่ได้ดูฟุตบอลไทยลีก 1 สองนัดขณะที่ผมอยู่ในกรุงเทพฯ ผมไม่ได้ใช้เวลาอยู่ในประเทศไทยนานนัก ยิ่งไม่ต้องพูดถึงการได้ดูสองเกมเลย ผมโชคดีเพราะช่วงตรุษจีนกำลังจะมาถึง ซึ่งหมายความว่าจะไม่มีฟุตบอลให้ดูเป็นเวลา 2 สัปดาห์ และในขณะที่ผมกำลังพักผ่อนอยู่นั้น เป็นเรื่องน่าเสียดายที่ผมจะไม่ได้ดูการแข่งขันใดๆ เลย ดังนั้น เพื่อให้มีโอกาสได้ดูฟุตบอลมากที่สุดเท่าที่จะเป็นไปได้ในประเทศไทย ผมจึงพยายามอย่างเต็มที่ เอาล่ะ มาเริ่มพูดถึงการแข่งขันกันเลยดีกว่าใช่ไหมครับ?


สนามเหย้าของเมืองทอง ยูไนเต็ด อยู่ไม่ไกลจากที่พักของผมในกรุงเทพฯ และผมตั้งใจจะนั่งรถไฟฟ้าใต้ดินและโมโนเรลไปสนาม แต่ว่ามันใช้เวลานานเกินไป ดังนั้นผมจึงเลือกที่จะโบกเรียกรถเมล์ Bolt เพื่อไปสนาม เพราะมันจะเร็วกว่าและตรงกว่า ซึ่งก็เป็นอย่างนั้นจริงๆ และผมใช้เวลาเพียง 30 นาทีเท่านั้น แทนที่จะเป็นหนึ่งชั่วโมงครึ่ง ผมไปถึงแล้วก็หลงทางในการหาบูธขายตั๋วและทางเข้าสนาม

เมื่อผมเข้าไปในสนามได้แล้ว การหาที่นั่งและไปดูเกมระหว่างทีมใหญ่ทีมหนึ่งในลีกกับทีมที่ผมไม่ค่อยได้ยินชื่อมาก่อนนั้นค่อนข้างง่าย อย่างไรก็ตาม ในตารางคะแนนไทยเฟิร์สต์ลีก ทีมเยือนทำผลงานได้ดีกว่าเมืองทองมาก ซึ่งเมืองทองกำลังรั้งท้ายตาราง ซึ่งไม่ใช่เรื่องดีเลยสำหรับสโมสรใหญ่ที่มีประวัติศาสตร์ยาวนานและสำหรับแฟนบอลของพวกเขา



เมืองทองไม่สามารถหาจังหวะการเล่นที่ลงตัวได้เลย และดูไม่ค่อยเข้าที่เข้าทาง มีช่วงเวลาสั้นๆ ประมาณสองถึงสี่นาทีที่พวกเขาดูเหมือนจะหาจังหวะและวางแผนการเล่นได้ตามที่ต้องการ แต่อยุธยาเคลื่อนบอลไปมาได้เร็วมาก ด้วยรูปแบบการเล่นที่กระชับและสามารถสลับตำแหน่งไปมาเพื่อตอบโต้การบุกของเมืองทองได้ทุกครั้ง



ครึ่งแรกจบลงด้วยสกอร์ 0-0 ซึ่งแสดงให้เห็นถึงความมุ่งมั่นและพยายามของเจ้าบ้าน แต่สกอร์นั้นดูดีเกินจริงและไม่ได้แสดงให้เห็นถึงเกมรุกของอยุธยาที่พลาดโอกาสทำประตูไปหลายครั้ง จนกระทั่งนาทีที่ 56 เมื่อกิตสนา เกษมกุลวิไร ทำประตูขึ้นนำให้ทีมเยือนและคว้าชัยชนะไปได้



ประตูนี้เป็นประตูเดียวของเกม เพราะเมืองทองไม่สามารถหาทางทำประตูได้เลยในสนามธันเดอร์โดม สเตเดียม และดูเหมือนจะเล่นได้ไม่ดีนัก พยายามหาประตูตีเสมอเพื่อรักษาโอกาสในการอยู่รอดในไทยลีก 1 เกมจบลงด้วยสกอร์ 1-0 ทำให้เมืองทองแพ้คาบ้านเป็นนัดที่ 4 ติดต่อกัน ส่งผลให้พวกเขาเข้าใกล้โซนตกชั้นมากขึ้น ขณะที่อยุธยาขยับขึ้นมาอยู่ในอันดับที่ 7 เพื่อแย่งชิงตำแหน่งในครึ่งบนของตาราง



เอาล่ะ มาพูดถึงอาหารและเครื่องดื่มกันต่อเลยนะคะ ท่านผู้ชมที่รัก ที่นี่คล้ายกับสนาม PAT Stadium แต่ก็มีข้อแตกต่างเล็กน้อย ซึ่งแน่นอนว่าฉันจะกล่าวถึงในบันทึกนี้ค่ะ ครั้งนี้ฉันสั่งเนื้อเสียบไม้ เป็นเนื้อหมูและเนื้อวัว บางส่วนเป็นไก่ บางอันมีชีสด้วย อร่อยมากเลยค่ะ ทานคู่กับบีทรูทระหว่างดูเกม เบียร์ 500 มล. ราคา 75 บาท ส่วนเนื้อเสียบไม้ราคา 20-50 บาท ได้สองถ้วย น่าเสียดายที่ฉันทานไปแค่ถ้วยเดียว เพราะเยอะมาก และฉันก็อิ่มแล้ว เสียดายจัง แต่ก็อร่อยมากค่ะ



ร้านขายอาหารจะอยู่ด้านนอกอัฒจันทร์ ส่วนสนาม Thunderdome Stadium นั้น ร้านขายอาหารจะอยู่ภายในบริเวณสนาม ต่างจากสนาม PAT Stadium ที่อยู่ด้านนอก โดยรวมแล้วเป็นประสบการณ์การดูเกมที่ยอดเยี่ยม และอาหารก็อร่อย ฉันสั่งโค้กราคา 50 บาท ปริมาณเท่ากับเบียร์ช้างเลย ทั้งสองอย่างดื่มง่าย เหมาะกับค่ำคืนที่อบอุ่นสบายๆ สำหรับการดูฟุตบอลค่ะ หวังว่าสักวันจะได้มาทำแบบนี้อีก เพราะประเทศไทยสนุกมาก และฉันควรให้เวลากับที่นี่มากกว่านี้ เพราะตอนที่มาเที่ยวแต่ละครั้ง ฉันแทบไม่ได้ใช้เวลาอยู่ที่นี่เลย คงต้องเปลี่ยนแล้วล่ะ ขอตัวไปผจญภัยครั้งใหม่ก่อนนะ



















 

No comments:

Post a Comment