On a warm Thursday evening Perth Glory played host to the Wellington Phoenix from New Zealand in a very positive display in front of a decent crowd of 9200 at nib stadium. Perth was pressing forward early placing the men in yellow and black (wearing grey for their away shirt). This was short lived when Wellington managed to hit the lead through Fijian international Roy Krishna opening the match's goal tally. However this seemed to stir up the home side and they managed to hold more possession and press up to trouble Glen Moss the Phoenix keeper. A highlight was Castro running through channels and causing havoc to the visiting teams defences. Two excellent strikes from Griffiths from outside of the box and Taggart taking his opportunity to make sure that Perth had the much needed 3 points. Was a shame as Perth could have pinched another goal or two but the Wellington defence was just too good to deny any more goals for the men in purple. Conditions got a little tricky when the strong winds increased and some light rain fell during the match.
I decided to not buy food at the ground as it is rather expensive. I did buy a drink which I hate parting my money over because 5 dollars for a bottle of cool drink is too steep. May as well pay another 4 for a beer, least it is full strength as I have membership. But when you want to watch the game beer isn't exactly practical in the stands. As I said earlier I went to Coles and brought some hot twiggy sticks and Swiss cheese and some barbecue sauce. Sure it isn't exactly the epitome of fine eating or fine dining but it was a tasty ad-hock snack that I could enjoy while watching the game. just placed the twiggy sticks in the cheese, rolled up the cheese and ate. This cost me only 9 dollars and lasted the whole game unlike a hot dog which would be over 20 dollars and well, while delicious would be short lived.





No comments:
Post a Comment