In a dominating display on a balmy yet pleasant evening at nib Stadium saw Perth host Sydney FC. Perth were showing a fair amount of promise in the first half with Sydney's defence put under a few headaches and lucky at times not to concede to the hosts. However the Glory opened the account with a scramble and cross to Taggart who slotted home the opening goal of the game and things were looking pretty good for the hosts; or so you would think.
Immediately Sydney scored and scores were level. This was the turning point of the match where Sydney were just too good and Perth just were bereft of any ideas of how to combat a rampant sky blues onslaught. A ridiculous penalty was given in the second half towards the end of proceedings and it just capped off just how poor the hosts were and have been this season. Serious question marks should be raised in regards to Kenny Lowe and his tactics, coaching, responsiveness and his recruitment. Players look like they are in low gear and not 100 percent and this is a huge concern as a fan because there will be no chance if they perform like this.
I also noticed that Zullos was berating Vukovic which seemed utterly uncalled for as Zullo almost allowed Perth to sneak a goal against the run of play which turned into a public spat on the football pitch. I hope there isn't anything more to it than a heated formation lapse in concentration.
Despite the rubbish I was watching I had a kransky from the outlet as I had no food prior due to my previous commitments earlier during the day and afternoon. They are 9.80 a pop and a cool drink is of course 5 dollars. I resented buying it but I was without refreshments for a little bit and I was hungry since 3pm so I needed this. While the kransky is good and very delicious they are not at all worthy of 9.80 price tag. I do not think that we will see a fall in stadium food in Western Australia for quite sometime despite the mining sector in a trough and consumer spending is not at an all time frivolous high like during a peak time when the industry was booming. The soft drinks again, are not worth 5 dollars but are not such an extortion as the food at the venue. I normally would boycott the food to send a message to the pricing, but sadly I was in a position where I had no choice due to my punctuality from my previous commitment at Lilac Hill.
While I suggest the food is delicious and worthy of actually holding in your hands and sinking your teeth into while watching Perth frustrate you to no end through their extremely limited ability, the price just is not worth it. Once again may I suggest you go to a place before going to the game. Heck try going to McDonalds around the corner and get more bang for your buck than nib Stadium.





No comments:
Post a Comment