Decided to check out a few Sunday league games near where I was and thought why not venture to Craigie to see Whitfords take on southern Spirit at Warrandyte. Have to say was there for the last 20 minutes of the first half and although it was end to end stuff from both sides it wasn't enticing enough to make me stay and watch the second half. Didn't see a decent canteen set up and thought it was BYO picnic style like North Perth so decided to head over to Charonia to watch Joondalup United play Perth Royals.
Well Joondalup were 3 goals down to Perth in the first half I believe but ended up watching another 8 goals in the second half. Perth running out 8 goals to 3 winners with Joondalup having their keeper sent off with a clumsy tackle and stopping a certain goal scoring opportunity. (NOT the last man for goodness sake!) The substitute keeper didn't have a spare keeping shirt so they had to change as they changed over! That is the thing that I laugh and love about Sunday football, the little things like that.
Despite the rather dark grey clouds looming over the Mullaloo skies I ventured over to the canteen and thought I should sample the delights. Although the sausage rolls didn't look home made but rather gourmet from a small bakery they were delicious and with a can of coke only $5.50. The roll was a good size, perhaps length of your hand from middle finger to base of wrist. Pastry was seemed fresh and crumbled as you sank your teeth. I generally don't have sauce with my rolls but thought I'd try some. went down a treat while watching the entertainment. Also there was a selection of alcoholic beverages there to choose from and no more than 5 dollars from what I saw on the board.
The action was heating up as Joondalup pegged 2 goals back I thought I should go back to sample a pie. Similar situation I assume from the same bakery and there was a choice of 4 styles. I went for the chicken curry pie and for 5.50 with a can of coke was a perfect way to spend a winter's day and in my way the Punctual Football Fan says thanks Joondalup despite the loss my contributions over the canteen bench top was my method of showing my gratitude.
The Punctual Football Fan is a blog documenting the travels around the world's and Australia's sporting events. As well as what food and beverages they have on offer. The search for mouth-watering delights and refreshing beverages forever continue.
Sunday, 1 September 2013
The Voyage North - From Forgettable to Fabulous
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






No comments:
Post a Comment