Decided to visit Dalmatinac Park for the first time in many, many years to watch Cockburn City play Bunbury Forum Force and I must say it was a very entertaining match from start to finish. Great goals, great passages of play and moments of frustration via hitting the post on many occasions as Bunbury ran out 3-2 winners. There was a good turnout at Dalmatinac Park which was good to see although I think it was mainly the Bunbury away support that was there but none the less a vocal and supportive crowd watching a great contest.
Facilities at Spearwood are a hidden gem of sorts. Why do I say it that way? Well not many people head out this way compared to Dorrien, Macedonia, Litis or Frank Drago for example but what Dalmatinac has to offer is something the people around Spearwood should get down to if they want to pass some time in the fine winters afternoon.
Confusion reigned supreme at the ground however when the canteen ran out of buns; no burgers or hot-dogs were able to be sold because of this. However much to the credit of the club I heard the club president dashed off to the supermarket around the corner to source new buns and the production of burgers and hot-dogs resumed at the end of the first half.
Chips and a soft drink at the ground was 5 dollars and fifty cents, not bad actually considering they were under pressure to get chips out more due to the bun shortage so the chips were on the under-cooked side of things. However like the much celebrated bacon, layers of salt generally fixes everything. But for that price Id be happy to get another serving.
Burger was a mixed bag I am afraid. The meat clearly was frozen and then when in the burger was lifeless with the flavours of the salt, egg, pepper, lettuce, bacon, bread and sauce shutting out the taste of the patty. although for 8.50 for a burger that was despite the patty fresh and those components tasty with a soft drink was decent. The size of the burger was great too I must mention that to the viewers at home despite the slight shortfall it was worthy of my dollars.
Beers are a limited commodity at the ground with only Swan Draught and Hahn Premium Light. No problem for me as I rather enjoy Swan but if you dont then you may struggle. Middies were 3.50 and not small glasses too! and pints were 7 dollars so very good prices, the limited choice gets over-ridden with the price and glass sizes.
all in all great afternoon out and I suggest people in the Spearwood, Hamilton Hill area and surrounds to get down there to Dalmatinac Park and support your local team Cockburn City, if you're lucky you may bump into two former Socceroos and a former Perth Glory great.






No comments:
Post a Comment