Witnessed my first international game in Europe as Hungary hosted Australia in a pre-cup friendly match on a wonderful June summers day in the Hungarian capital Budapest. Admittedly I was late as I caught the wrong trolley-bus and tram to get to the stadium. However, I made it and watched the end of the first half and the rest of the second half.
Australia were all over the Hungarians and even though this was the case, the Magyars were still threatening when they tried to probe into the Australian's defensive half. However some excellent keeping and some rather robust defending from the green and gold kept the hosts at bay. The second half though turned into a rather frantic and at times a comical affair with 2 own goals within 2 minutes of each other late in the half to give the Australians the win after the Hungarians drew level with the first own goal.
As I was rushed I had a beer and it was about 300 florint which is rather cheap. I don't recall what it was but while watching a game and in a rush, does it really matter? The stadium was fantastic and would love to see my home town stadium become a cosy, yet boisterous atmosphere. We will of course have to wait and see eventually. Getting to and from the stadium wasn't difficult either, you just need to remember where to go and what stops/numbers to take!






No comments:
Post a Comment