Saturday, 17 September 2016

Wallabies Bounce Over The Plucky Pumas

Perth played host to another instalment of the Rugby Championship under lights on a cold chilly September night at nib Stadium. The hosts came bursting out of the blocks early to post two tries early but the Argentines managed to claw back the lead of the Australians and made the game difficult for the hosts. The return of Quade Cooper really didn't add much to the side's performance as the team performed rather well without his presence. A wheelie bin would have done a better job than Quade and I am terribly sorry but it is perhaps time to draw the curtain on his international career for Australia. The second half was a poor start with the game rather stale and stagnant. Both teams struggling with the ball and trying to capitalise on any mistakes.

Even with the occasional sin bin no team could hit the opposition for six and was hard work for both teams. I noticed that the Argentines were receiving more medical treatment during play. I hope that the team is alright and not affected by the arduous task of flying long distances in a relatively short period for rugby. The Wallabies managed to hold out the visitors and run home 36 to 20 winners. Hopefully a strong showing against South Africa can secure Australia in second place after the All Blacks have once again effectively stitched up the championship.

As for food, I did not buy any food at the venue as it is overpriced and the alcohol especially is mid strength and overpriced for this. Forking out 100 dollars for a ticket which in itself is a joke makes it difficult for people who arent exactly rolling in cash. But this is rugby and perhaps I am not in rugby's demographic. With that said it makes boycotting food due to the highway robbery nature of it easier. So I will continue this avoision, yes I said avoision...








No comments:

Post a Comment