Monday, 25 April 2016

Wet Conditions See Lions Home

Was wet and cold at Macedonia Park for another FFA Cup 5th round fixture which saw a very soggy ground and cold, battered and possibly bruised players grind out a result. Stirling were the better side of the first half against Perth SC, despite the visitors taking the lead with a fifth minute strike from Catarcione. The first few minutes did motivate and rattle Stirling as they took control of the first half and posted goals in the 29th and 37th minutes from Sesay and Petkov respectively.
The second half however was all Perth with the sky blues pressing relentlessly in the terrible wet conditions causing all sorts of trouble for the Lion's defensive lines. However with gritty defending and poorly timed shots from the visitors, Stirling held out for a 2-1 win to progress to the sixth round to take on Curtin University.

I'm not sure if it was due to a cup fixture but I certainly do miss the days going to Macedonia Park and helping myself to a few olives and feta at the bar. I always enjoyed that nice touch there and reminded me of my own family experiences. Due to the cold weather conditions I was just too late to enjoy a burger as they were snapped up too fast. Although I did enjoy some chips with curry. Not just ordinary curry sauce but actual chicken curry with sauce and chips! They were fantastic and on a cold wet evening for football was ideal. These were five dollars so was a reasonable price.
Something simple to make at the canteen which was a winner were the ham, cheese and tomato toasties. At three dollars they were great to have while watching the football and a bit of a favourite of mine at Macedonia Park. Cool drinks were 2.50 and corona was 7 dollars so pretty much stock standard prices there for an NPL side. They did have some promotional stuff such as chilli twisties which I took off their hands for a dollar and wasn't too bad. I have to say I am not a huge fan of the flavours outside of the two default options of theirs; chicken and cheese.

Another enjoyable night at Macedonia Park to watch two good sides battle it out in the cup. Although given the lighting was not very good it would still be a shame if Stirling have to play their game out at a neutral venue like the athletics stadium like last time. This ground has heart and atmosphere of the community and hopefully locals brave what ever elements are thrown at them by mother nature and support their team.






No comments:

Post a Comment