Sunday, 10 August 2014

The Open Space Offensive

Hamersley Rovers today were the lucky recipients of my presence today and albeit a couple of minutes late I saw 5 goals scored in a very entertaining match. Hamersley Rovers hosted Fremantle Croatia and a wave of nostalgia washed over me as I haven't been down to Carine Open Space to watch football in perhaps at least 15 years.

Fremantle were in control for large passages of play and were really pressing Hamersley down the near wing beating a very tired and spent number 12 who despite fighting valiantly to keep Fremantle's attackers at bay just wasn't enough and the match ended with Fremantle scoring 6 to 3. As I missed the first 15 minutes of the game must have been a flurry of goals I missed as i only saw the last 5 of the match!

The first goal was a bit of a walk in from Fremantle and then they were starting to fall asleep when Hamersley pegged it back with a very impressive strike from outside the box to level. Fremantle then hit the lead again on the counter and took it to the far post then having a cross get deflected by the defender to let it roll in to the back of the net.

With the Rovers starting to tail away their number 7 struck the ball well from outside the box on the near wing to level the scores. It looked like it was to remain that way until the Rovers capitulated seconds to the final whistle on another counter from unrelenting pressure from Fremantle.

The canteen run by Hamersley was very good with cool drink at 2 dollars and hot dogs at 3 dollars. Very delicious and chocolates and lollies at 1.50 and an assortment of snacks with 2 volunteers manning the fort I must commend them for providing us all with delicious snack to keep us going watching the match. Once again due to my driving situation I did not have anything to drink for this match my apologies to the readers!









No comments:

Post a Comment