Well after watching Perth Glory in the A-League today it would possibly turn you off football for a while, if not for the rest of the year. No only joking this is World Cup year and football festival! Despite watching that and boycotting any form of food or drink at the game I decided to head to the WA Athletics stadium to watch Subiaco AFC play host to Perth Glory.
Yes Perth Glory field a side in the National Premier Leagues, but it is only the National Youth League side but under 20's i believe so technically not quite the same. Football West did away with the NTC and created it as a Perth Glory academy of sorts. The situation is a little confusing and unsure what will happen if they win the NPL WA title and or qualify for the NPL playoffs against other state association conferences.
The game played out much like the Newcastle game earlier that night. Plus the fixtures were too close so I missed most of the first half as I had to get to Floreat from East Perth. Not ideal but that is Football West and the FFA doing what they do best; fixture headaches.
Food and beverage were like the match i went to last year at Morley were non existent. To put it simply, I wouldn't despite the very good facilities provided by the state government is like going to the South Pole and not taking supplies with you.
I must give a shout out to a very fine fish and chip shop that my agent informed me about. The Groper and his Wife in City Beach is quite possibly the best fish and chips i have tasted in Perth for quite some time. I suggest you look them up on http://www.groperandhiswife.com.au/ or give them a call on 9385 7384. Cannot stress enough how that place is fantastic. Definitely saved the night.
Looks like Subiaco despite been given everything for participation in the NPL WA have not brought a key ingredient to NPL, food or drink.






No comments:
Post a Comment